Updated: April 04, 2013
Using Our Forums
Forum communications are public and not private communications. You acknowledge that by posting on any forum, your content may become public and available to anyone with an internet connection.
By posting content to any forum you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials has expressly granted) us a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe. In addition, you warrant that all so-called “moral rights” in those materials have been waived.
By using our forums, you agree to be contacted by us, regardless of your account profile settings, when it becomes necessary to do so regarding your account activity.
The basic ground rules for discussions on our forums are simple: be polite, use common sense, don't break the law, and don't post any message that even hints at advertising. We do not intend to censor messages based on the opinions expressed within postings, but we will enforce our Rules. You acknowledge our right to remove, modify or move posts at our discretion and without explanation. Please Contact Us if you do not understand any of the guidelines outlined below.
The following rules apply toall forum categories:
- We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning.
- All publicly displayed messages are limited to the English language. This includes posts, titles, signatures, and any attachments or other forms of public display.
- Keep your posts clean. A maximum of two colors and two font styles are allowed.
- If you Spam our members in any manner, your account will be disabled. This means that you CANNOT contact any member to suggest your product or service who has not explicitly expected you to contact them as a result of a forum post in which your offer was presented to and accepted by that member.
- Signature Spam (a post that was made in hopes of showing a signature, as determined by moderators) is forbidden in all forums.
- If you're caught advertising or shilling, you're banned and you're not coming back. A shill is an owner, employee or associate of a seller of products or services who pretends (or purposefully omits) any association with the product or service, while pretending to be a satisfied customer or interested bystander. People who omit an association with a product or service for other reasons (they're paid to post about it, they're helping a friend, etc.) so that they can help promote it are also shills. To clarify: as long as you are genuine, honest and well-intended in assisting members, you will not be banned from promoting a helpful product or service which you are associated with; it is only if you act dishonestly or with ulterior motives that you will be banned.
- You may not post commission, referral or affiliate links anywhere on any forum.
- Cross-Posting is not allowed here. Cross-posting refers to posting new duplicate threads or posts, or the linking to threads or posts already started by the member with the intention of gaining exposure.
- You may not compensate anyone for any review or recommendation. Further, you may not suggest a tone (i.e. "Go talk positively about us on the ITstudio forum…").
- You may not post on behalf of any banned member in any public manner. This includes all forums, private messages, signatures, and e-mail features.
- You may not post words or URLs that are censored by adding spaces, dots, or substituting characters; or by any other means in an attempt to defeat any censors put in place by us. Please Contact Us if you feel a word or URL is unjustly censored.
- You may not bump threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of its forum. We will use our discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not.
- You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first-hand experience of said products or services. This includes companies recommending other companies. Any post not meeting our criteria will be removed without notice.
- Any posts that encourage illegal intent will be removed and the account disabled.
- Public posts debating any rule or Rules and/or our enforcement of such, will be removed without comment. We encourage feedback however and invite you to Contact Us if you have any questions or concerns.
- Requests for loans or other banking transfers are not allowed in any Forum.
- Any attempts to defraud or deceive our members may result in your account being suspended.
- You may not post any message that is commercial by nature.
- If your user name is the same as your URL or company name, you may not refer to it outside the forum.
- You may not post any message that directs others to any pages at your own commercial domain, including informational pages. A commercial domain is defined as a site that receives any type of income or links to any income producing properties.
- You may not solicit members for feedback or suggestions on your product or services.
- You may not solicit users for any project or purpose external to the forum: either public, private, or commercial. Most importantly our member base is not a resource to be "mined" by individuals, groups, or businesses, for profit or not for profit.
- You may only discuss details about your company and/or product offerings when the thread starter or author or poster has made direct reference to your company and stated something untrue or misleading, or something which clearly needs clarifying. The response must be in direct reference to the point discussed only and contain no added promotional information and/or fluff.It is advisable when in the above scenario to Contact Us first.
Any posts not meeting these guidelines may be removed with our without notice.
We do not remove posts or accounts on request.
In light of our policy of encouraging candid, open exchanges of views and the rapid distribution of information originating from many sources, you acknowledge that we cannot determine the accuracy of information that is posted to the forum.
You acknowledge that any opinions, advice and all other content posted or expressed by users in forums are those of the author and that you rely on such information at your own risk. We urge you to seek professional advice for specific, individual situations and not rely solely on advice or opinions given in any forum.
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these Guidelines, please contact us by sending us an email at info [AT] realtyboys [DOT] com